ABVV-TEAM-STACA
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren

<  Enkele richtlijnen  ~  is to keep

linzhihong18
Geplaatst: Vr-Sep-2018 07:06:23 Reageren met citaat
The Seattle Seahawks released quarterback Trevone Boykin on Tuesday shortly after his girlfriend alleged in a television interview that he physically assaulted her in Texas last week.

The practice squad player was released from the team after WFAA-TV in Dallas posted an interview with Boykin’s girlfriend detailing an assault she alleges happened on March 20 in Mansfield Ahkello Witherspoon Jersey , just southwest of Dallas. The woman said she refused to show Boykin a text message and an argument ensued, and that he broke her jaw and tried to strangle her.

Boykin, 24, denied the allegations in a statement released Tuesday to NFL Media. He called the allegations false and said he wasn’t involved in a physical fight.

”This woman has lied about me and it has cost me my job,” he wrote. ”I understand the Seahawks decision to release me. The story that was reported casts a bad light on the organization and on me.”

Boykin’s agent, Drew Pittman, also told WFAA that the allegations were false. A call to the agent’s cellphone by The Associated Press went unanswered Tuesday.

Mansfield police spokesman Sgt. Michael Midkiff said the department is investigating the alleged assault. He said no charges had been filed as of Tuesday and that the investigation was in a very early stage.

The assault allegation is the latest off-field issue for Boykin Garrett Grayson Jersey , who has spent his NFL career with Seattle.

He was arrested in Dallas last year when a vehicle he was a passenger in hit several people on a sidewalk. He fled the scene on foot but was later arrested on misdemeanor charges of public intoxication and possession of marijuana.

In 2015, Boykin was arrested for assaulting a police officer and public intoxication shortly before the Alamo Bowl in San Antonio during his senior season at TCU. Boykin, who was the team’s quarterback, was suspended for the bowl game.

Associated Press Sports Writer Tim Booth contributed to this report from Seattle.

Malik Jackson has been on good teams, and he’s made the money.

He’s also 28, and in the NFL that puts him near old-head status, so he understands the business side of the sport.

The Jaguars defensive tackle said he and teammate Calais Campbell know that they have to continue to perform at a high level to continue to justify massive salaries Irving Fryar Jersey , because that’s just how professional football works.

鈥矷t鈥檚 one of those things that as players if you think the front office isn鈥檛 trying to get rid of you, then you鈥檙e crazy,鈥?Jackson said, via John Reid of the Florida Times-Union. 鈥矷t鈥檚 their job to get players in here that are cheaper, younger and trying to be better.

鈥矷鈥檓 getting older, Calais [Campbell] is getting a little older. We have a lot of money on this D-line.鈥?/p>

Jackson was the beneficiary of the last pre-Tom Coughlin splurge by the Jaguars in 2016, getting a six-year Jonathan Stewart Jersey , $85.5 million deal to leave the Super Bowl champion Broncos. Campbell was last year’s jackpot winner, getting a four-year, $60 million deal to come over from Arizona.

That stability up front was a big part of the reason the Jaguars have made big strides lately, but things are always changing. For all the money they’ve spent up front, there are contract talks on the horizon for defensive end Yannick Ngakoue (and possibly Dante Fowler, whose 2019 option wasn’t picked up), and money eventually has to come from somewhere.

Which is why Jackson’s ready to work Michael Pierce Jersey , to make sure it doesn’t come out of his pocket.

鈥矼y goal is to keep my job,鈥?Jackson said. 鈥矷f I鈥檓 worried about what鈥檚 going on in the front office what they鈥檙e thinking and doing, I鈥檒l go crazy. I鈥檒l just worry about becoming an All-Pro and getting 10-plus sacks. Those are my goals.鈥?/p>

Seeing the team use a first-round pick on defensive tackle Taven Bryan would have also brought that into focus, as the league’s a constant churn of personnel as teams look for younger (i.e. less expensive) alternatives.

Womens Justin Jones Jersey
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht

Berichten van afgelopen:  

Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren

Ga naar: