ABVV-TEAM-STACA
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren

<  Enkele richtlijnen  ~  

linzhihong18
Geplaatst: Di-Sep-2018 10:55:55 Reageren met citaat
The Panthers may be one of the teams that benefit the most from leaving rosters at 90 through the final preseason game.

At their current rate Garry Gilliam Jersey , they may need every body to be able to put an offensive line on the field Thursday.

Reserve offensive lineman Jeremiah Sirles, who started at right tackle last week because of all the other injuries that have hit them at the position, was out of practice Monday because of a hamstring issue he suffered Friday night.

According to Brendan Marks of the Charlotte Observer, Sirles said he’s feeling better but didn’t know if he’d play this week. That almost pales in relation to their other problems.

All-Pro right tackle Daryl Williams is expected to be out a significant time after an MCL tear/dislocated kneecap suffered during the first padded practice of camp. Left guard Amini Silatolu is recovering from surgery on a torn meniscus. Left tackle Matt Kalil just underwent an arthroscopic procedure on his right knee a week ago.

That leaves them with bigger questions than any of their individual situations, as picking their 53-man roster this weekend will be complicated by the need to keep enough linemen for an active group in the opener. With so many players dealing with near-term injuries, they might have to go short at other positions and cut players they might like to keep so they have cover for the early part of the season on the line.

— Andrew Luck spent two straight offseasons contemplating how it would feel to play football again.

He’ll find out Thursday night.

Coach Frank Reich announced Tuesday that Luck would start and could play most of the first quarter in the Indianapolis Colts‘ preseason opener at Seattle.

“I’ll be excited and a little nervous,” Luck acknowledged after practice. “There were one or two moments where I wondered if, ‘Am I ever going to be able to do this again?'”

He wasn’t the only one asking that question during a nearly 600-day wait between starts. And he’s not the only one who will be nervous lining up against the Seahawks’ traditionally strong defense.

Much has changed since Luck performed in a televised game.

There’s a new general manager and a new coach in town. There’s been another new offense installed and Luck is still trying to learn everybody’s names. Even the once formidable offense has undergone a major revamp.

Rookie Quenton Nelson and free agent signee Matt Slauson have moved in as the new starting guards. Tight Eric Ebron and receiver Ryan Grant are promising new targets for Luck Tom Brady Jersey , who will be handing off to second-year running back Marlon Mack for the first time in a game Thursday.

Luck can’t wait to see how it all works together — even if it takes an entire preseason to work out the kinks.

“Every day I feel a little bit better about my technique in those team drills,” he said. “And also I feel better, I feel stronger, I feel more fit, I feel like my arm has a little more in it and a little more in it and a little more in it. I’m certainly feeling more comfortable in the offense.”

That’s all good news for Colts fans who cringed at the notion their bright, young star may never return to his pre-injury form following surgery.

But after looking understandably rusty at his first training camp practice, Luck has shown indications he is getting back to his old ways.

His passes seem crisper, he’s more in sync with his receivers and he’s been able to complete passes consistently through smaller and smaller windows. His final throw Sunday — a 45-yarder on the run across his body for a touchdown to T.Y. Hilton in a two-minute drill — reminded Reich just how close Luck is to being completely healthy.

“We’re doing end of half situation or end of game situation and he’s just bailing out of there Keenan Allen Jersey , 100 mph and that’s a tough throw to kind of turn and make that,” Reich said. “That’s definitely checking something off (the list).”

Luck figures It’s about time.

He initially hurt the right shoulder in September 2015 against Tennessee, missed the next two games, then returned to make four more starts before sustaining a season-ending lacerated kidney.

Instead of opting for surgery immediately, Luck decided to rest the shoulder. When the pain persisted, he played through it — making 15 starts and turning in arguably his best season as a pro in 2016 before undergoing surgery.

Indy expected Luck to return last season, but he didn’t start throwing till early October and was shut down two weeks later after complaining of more pain. He went on injured reserve in November and didn’t resume throwing footballs again until May.

Luck ramped up his activity during summer workouts in California and finally began practicing with the starting offense for the first time in 18 months after arriving at training camp — albeit on a revised schedule that mimics his regular-season routine.

And now, finally Thomas Morstead Jersey , Luck appears ready to take the next big step in his recovery, even if he only plays a couple of series.

“Part of playing in a game is being able to go through a hurdle when something happens and something doesn’t go right, and surviving in a sense and being able to check off that box in your mind,” he said.

The question, of course, is how the shoulder will react under game conditions, especially when he takes his first hit.

It’s an answer everyone, including Luck Noah Spence Jersey , wants to know. But for now, Luck will be content getting acclimated to playing on the big stage again.

“How will warmups feel? What does that feel like? How do you feel when you turn the ball over?” Luck said. “What happens on third-and-long and it’s loud and the headset goes out? What do you call? OK, boom, did we do that well? How would you change that? Checking those boxes off.”

Authentic Womens Josh Rosen Jersey
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht

Berichten van afgelopen:  

Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren

Ga naar: