ABVV-TEAM-STACA
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren

<  Enkele richtlijnen  ~  Segura has missed

linzhihong18
Geplaatst: Do-Okt-2018 10:56:15 Reageren met citaat
Three years after going undrafted out of Drury College Youth Brandon Carlo Jersey , Trevor Richards has earned his first major league win.

Richards pitched six effective innings to lead the Miami Marlins to a 3-1 victory over the San Francisco Giants on Tuesday night.

”It’s great, it’s good to get that one out of the way,” Richards said. ”It’s been too long so it’s good to get it done.”

Richards (1-3) allowed two hits in his seventh major league start. The 25-year-old right-hander struck out two and walked three.

”He’s been a good story, he’s thrown the ball well,” Marlins manager Don Mattingly said. ”Obviously Pitcher of the Year last year in the minor leagues, really good reports on his makeup and how he works, competes, and pays attention so it’s good to see guys like that have success.”

Richards walked the first two batters of the game before settling in.

”I got a little too excited for the game, a little amped up and lost mechanics,” Richards said. ”I was able to settle down and keep going.”

Brandon Crawford’s groundout in the first inning drove in the only run for the Giants, who had just three hits.

”Three hits, that’s not going to work,” manager Bruce Bochy said. ”We had a hard time getting guys on base and just getting something going. That’s the ballgame.”

Kyle Barraclough pitched a perfect ninth for his fourth save in six chances. He has not allowed a run over his last 14 games and a career-best 13 2/3 innings.

JT Riddle had a two-run double for Miami, and Starlin Castro had two hits and knocked in a run.

”Just enough,” Mattingly said.

San Francisco right-hander Chris Stratton (7-4) worked out of a bases-loaded jam in the second inning, but ran into trouble in the third when he again loaded the bases. This time, Castro singled in Derek Dietrich and Riddle followed with a two-run double to right field.

”I let it get away from me there,” Stratton said. ”I thought I made some really good pitches. Give them credit.”

Stratton then retired his final 13 batters. He allowed four hits in seven innings.

RIDDLE’S BIG HIT

Riddle’s two-run double gave him his first multi-RBI game of the season and eighth of his career.

”(Stratton) left me a fastball over the middle of the plate after I had swung through two,” Riddle said. ”I was a little late on those so I was thinking he might come back with another one, he did, left it over the middle, and I put a pretty good swing on it.”

TRAINER’S ROOM

Giants: 1B Brandon Belt (appendix) is expected to join the team in Los Angeles later this week after making progress from emergency surgery on June 2. ”He soft-tossed in Arizona Womens Charlie McAvoy Jersey , threw, did quite a bit of baseball activities,” Bochy said. ”Tomorrow he’ll take regular batting practice so that’s the big step. If he feels fine doing that, then we’re getting close on him.”

UP NEXT

Giants: LHP Andrew Suarez (2-4, 5.06 ERA) will start the third game of the series on Wednesday in his hometown for the first time in front of a number of family members and friends.

Marlins: LHP Caleb Smith (5-6, 3.70) is 5-4 with a 2.70 ERA over his last nine starts.

BALTIMORE — The Baltimore Orioles finally found some offense on its just-concluded six-game road trip, a big reason the team split six games.

They scored 20 runs while taking two of three from the Atlanta Braves over the weekend, and the Orioles want to try to keep that going against the Seattle Mariners when their four-game series starts on Monday at Camden Yards.

The Orioles scored 10, 7 and three runs against the Braves, and Mark Trumbo’s bat has come to life. Trumbo had five homers in the past week after getting a pinch-hit blast on Sunday during a 7-3 loss.

Baltimore needs that kind of offense if it wants to continue playing competitively.

Baltimore (23-53) will take on Seattle (47-31) for the first time this season in this series. The Orioles lost two of three in Washington against the Nationals before taking those two games in Atlanta and finally got some good pitching and hitting.

Andrew Cashner (2-8, 4.72 ERA) starts for the Orioles Monday against Felix Hernandez (6-6, 5.14). Despite his record, Cashner has not pitched that badly. The Orioles just have not given him a lot of offensive support at times.

He is 2-4 with a 4.04 career ERA versus the Mariners.

Hernandez has been inconsistent throughout much of this season but fared better lately. He has thrown well in three of his last four starts, and the Mariners are hoping for more of the same in this game.

Hernandez has a 5-4 career record and a 3.30 ERA against the Orioles.

The Orioles are starting to get back a number of players who were out due to injuries or have players who are finding their way after being out awhile.

Closer Zach Britton gave up four runs in the ninth inning of Friday’s 10-7 victory over Atlanta. That forced the contest into extra innings, and the Orioles won that in 15, but Britton rebounded and closed out Saturday’s win.

Trumbo has gotten hotter, and infielder Tim Beckham could return as early as Monday after missing about two months due to core muscle surgery.

“We’re looking forward to getting Tim back,” Orioles manager Buck Showalter told the Baltimore Sun. “We’re hoping to get him back to the player he was when he originally came over (in last summer’s trade with the Tampa Bay Rays). I’m hoping this surgery and some of the things can help him.”

Seattle is hoping that shortstop Jean Segura also will return Monday.

Segura has missed four straight games due to an infection in his right forearm. The arm was drained on Friday but he did not play over the weekend at the Boston Red Sox.

Nelson Cruz has hit in eight straight games and will face his former team in this series. He played for the Orioles in 2014 and helped them win the division and make it to the American League Championship Series before signing with the Mariners after that.

The Mariners could use help from Segura and Cruz as they have struggled throughout this East Coast swing. Seattle has gone just 1-5 on the trip so far, dropping three straight to the Yankees and two of three to Boston.

“We’ve got to get it turned back around,” Seattle manager Scott Servais said. “We had a lot of momentum going but this trip has not gone well, obviously.”
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
PaulSanderson
Geplaatst: Wo-Nov-2018 12:25:43 Reageren met citaat
We began a crusade recently, perhaps you all can assist me with this. I know a great deal of the present players would prefer not to be in the grand slam hitting challenge. I surmise that Ichiro would be an incredible expansion to the grand slam hitting challenge at the All-Star Game. Assignment-land
KathyWatson
Geplaatst: Di-Okt-2019 11:13:53 Reageren met citaat
The shows how deeply he has been hurt in the championship. This shows the way he has been playing well in the team and also his contribution towards. I got this news before from http://essaysoriginreview.com/boomessays-review/ blogs and looking forward for his victory in this league.
Helga33
Geplaatst: Za-Aug-2020 06:35:40 Reageren met citaat
I’m getting lots of search results for “statistics homework help” but don’t know which ones I can trust. Any advice?
Katedavis
Geplaatst: Za-Sep-2020 07:22:37 Reageren met citaat
Can you rely on writers at HelpWithAssignment? You will learn from this detailed review, so follow the link and not waste your time.
Goldyyy
Geplaatst: Wo-Mei-2022 09:12:28 Reageren met citaat
Our professional essay writing service uses only the most qualified authors and editors, which ensures we will always provide https://essaysrescue.com/payforessay-review/ you with high-quality support. With hundreds of experts to choose from, we can support you in all of the following subject areas through our professional essay writer and much more

Berichten van afgelopen:  

Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren

Ga naar: