ABVV-TEAM-STACA
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren

<  Babbelhoekje  ~  No other woman has won it more than once.

wangshi0816
Geplaatst: Di-Dec-2017 08:57:13 Reageren met citaat
PITTSBURGH, Pa. Nate Palmer Jersey . - Sidney Crosby understands the price of disappointment. And while others — namely Pittsburgh Penguins coach Dan Bylsma — will likely face the consequences following another early playoff exit, the NHLs brightest star isnt shirking his share of the blame. The way Crosby sees it, Pittsburghs failings lie with the guys who pull the sweaters over their heads. "At the end of the day we feel responsible," Crosby said Thursday. "We are the guys that go out there and want to perform and want to win and we have that expectation." Ones that werent met for a fifth straight spring after the Penguins frittered a 3-1 series lead in an eventual seven-game loss to the New York Rangers in the Eastern Conference semifinals. A half-decade after hoisting the Stanley Cup in Detroit at age 21, Crosby and the franchise he represents are still searching for a bookend. "Its difficult to win and I dont think theres been any lack of effort from players, coaches, anybody in the conversation," Crosby said. "I dont think its been a lack of trying." There has, however, been a lack of doing. The Penguins have been a marvel during the regular season under Bylsma, who is 252-117-32 since taking over for Michel Therrien in the late stages of the 2008-09 season. Yet all those regular-season triumphs havent prevented Pittsburgh from being knocked out of the playoffs by a lower-seeded team five straight times. Pressed on what needs to change, Crosby didnt point to the coaching staff but instead a shift in mindset, particularly when the post-season begins. "Maybe we need to adjust the way we play a little bit better and play more physical," Crosby said. Its a challenge the Penguins have faced relentlessly during the Crosby era. The leagues leading scorer and likely MVP scored just once in 13 playoff games — a career low — and spent plenty a month on the receiving end of punishment from Columbus centre Brandon Dubinsky and New York defenceman Marc Staal. Crosby insists he wasnt rattled, even if at one point in Game 6 against the Rangers he found himself on the bottom of a dog pile with New York goaltender Henrik Lundqvist squirting him with a water bottle. Not exactly the best position to ward off a comeback. "Im not saying I cant be better," Crosby said. "I dont think my focus was lost. ... You can go back to the years we won and youre not going to see anything different but we won and thats a big thing." And it will be the focus going forward regardless of who is in the front office or behind the bench. While Crosby and Evgeni Malkin will have their numbers hanging in the dressing room when the club reconvenes in September, there could be plenty of new ones hanging alongside them. Forward Jussi Jokinen — whose seven playoff goals led the Penguins — is an unrestricted free agent. So is Lee Stempniak, who never quite meshed with Crosby after being brought in near the trading deadline. Defenceman Brooks Orpik, the teams longest tenured player, may be done in Pittsburgh after 11 seasons. Matt Niskanen, arguably the teams best defenceman all season, will hit the open market and may command too high a price to stick around. Then theres goalie Marc-Andre Fleury, who played steadily throughout the playoffs but knows he could be expendable with one year left on his current deal. "I really hope I stay," Fleury said. "Its my team here. Its where I want to play." Its a sentiment echoed throughout the locker room. For all the misery that accompanied the stunning fall against New York, Pittsburghs talented core remains in the midst of their primes. Crosby is 26. Malkin is 27. So is defenceman Kris Letang. Fleury is still months away from turning 30 and bounced back from a miserable 2013 post-season by holding the Rangers to just 15 goals in seven games. "I dont know if theres many problems," forward Brandon Sutter said. "I think its more little things that arent really huge. Maybe fresh ideas can change that. I dont think theres much that needs to be fixed, maybe a few things shaken up. Theres a few different ways. It doesnt necessarily mean anyone has to leave." In theory, perhaps. The Penguins know they are constructed to raise championship banners, not flame out in the post-season. Yet it keeps happening. "Expectations are high," Crosby said. "If you dont deliver you have to own up to that as players and as an organization. We all understand that. Well see what happens from here." Steve McNair Jersey . - Kobe Bryant and LeBron James traded hugs, big shots and verbal jabs all night with warmth and humour. Brett Kern Jersey . -- A lawyer for the fiancee of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez asked a judge Friday to throw out perjury charges, saying Shayanna Jenkins did not wilfully lie as she was bombarded with 1,630 questions over two days before a grand jury. http://www.footballtitansfanatic.com/authentic-kevin-byard-titans-jersey/ .com) - Troy Brouwer scored the game-winning goal with just 12. MASON, Ohio -- Serena Williams did enough to get a hard-fought victory. Williams earned a sloppy 2-6, 6-2, 6-4 win over Caroline Wozniacki on Saturday to reach the final of the Western & Southern Open. The top-seeded Williams bounced back from losing her first set of the tournament and committing 41 unforced errors, 20 more than Wozniacki, to beat the 12th-seeded Dane for the eighth time in nine career matches. In the first mens semifinal, sixth-seeded David Ferrer earned his first trip to the tournament final in 11 appearances with a 6-3, 6-2 win over unseeded Julien Benneteau. Williams had to shake off a tight lower back before turning her game around, she said. "It was definitely feeling super tight in the match," she said. "Thats when I really relaxed, to be honest. By then I was able just to go for more shots and come to the net more and just kind of just not have anything to lose." She also tried to shorten points with booming serves, leading to getting just 58 per cent of her serves in play. "I just had to go for rockets because I wasnt feeling great," she said. "I thought, Listen, Im going to go out and just try to hit aces and see what happens. It started working for me. I was like, OK. Hopefully my arm will be OK tomorrow. Well see." Williams and Wozniacki both struggled with their serves, leading to a combined 15 service breaks, including the first five games of the third set. Wozniacki was broken in eight of nine service games in one stretch and connecteed on just 54 per cent of her first serves. Ben Jones Jersey. "I didnt get many first serves in," Wozniacki said. "When I did, they werent placed very well. Its frustrating, because you lose a set 6-4 in the third and you only hold serve once. "I actually broke Serena three times in the set. I dont think that happens very often to her either, so, you know, you feel like youre there and my all game was there. "I was fighting. I was running. I was trying to take the ball early. I was returning well. Then my serve comes around and I cant seem to hold serve. Its frustrating thing when youre out there on the court." Williams has never won the championship in five previous appearances. She lost a third-set tiebreaker to Victoria Azarenka last year. Williams will play the winner of Saturday nights match between fifth-seeded Maria Sharapova and ninth-seeded Ana Ivanovic for the championship on Sunday. With the win, Williams also clinched the U.S. Open Series womens title. Williams has won it three of the past four years and will attempt to set another record for the largest payout in tennis history at the U.S. Open -- $4 million ($3 million for winning the U.S. Open and a $1 million bonus for winning the U.S. Open as the series champion). The two-time defending U.S. Open champion won both the U.S. Open Series title and the U.S. Open last year. She is the only woman to win the US Open Series bonus challenge three times (2011, 2013, 2014). No other woman has won it more than once. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht

Berichten van afgelopen:  

Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren

Ga naar: